kanashibari
There is this phenomenon in Japanese called kanashibari where, basically, a ghost comes into your room while you're sleeping and fucks with you, and when you wake up it's like in your body or sitting on you or something and you can't move. Some girls were telling me about it the other day, but I thought they were bullshitting, but it fucking happened to me last night and scared the fuck out of me.
I was pretty hung over from two nights straight of heavy drinking, so I passed out pretty fast. But almost immediately, I started having these weird half conscious nightmares where I was stumbling around my apartment unable to control my body...and not like I was really really drunk either, but in a different scarier way because I was completely aware of what was going on. But I was about half-conscious, so I forced myself awake a few times, but I couldn't stay awake and kept getting pulled back into the dream.
But the fucked up part was when I finally got out of the dreams. I woke up, and my body felt really heavy. Everything was kinda fuzzy and my head was ringing like when all the blood rushes to your head when you stand up...or when you eat ice cones too fast or something. But I couldn't move a finger. I just stared up at the ceiling pinned to the ground (I sleep on the ground like a savage). After a while, I was able to move, but I was scared shitless man.
Anyway, so much for my horror stories. Here's a more realistic one: I don't have a job lined up for after this program. Oh, and by the way, is it wrong to buy other girls drinks when your girlfriend's not around? And then not tell the other girls you have a girlfriend and flirt with them anyway? Thoughts? Opinions?

2 Comments:
[yes, it's ok.]
Has anybody heard of this operation the brain does (can't remember technical term) which shuts down control of the body during sleep? (so you don't act out your dreams) For example sleepwalkers have the disorder of the mechanism turning off while the rest of their brain is still mostly asleep. On the other hand, narcoleptics can get "cataleptic fits" in which they collapse to the floor because the mechanism engages while they are still awake; actually they don't fall asleep immediately; that happens later. I think there's been a theory put forth that alien abduction scenarios, etc. might be a mental phenomenon caused by the mechanism staying engaged (and thus the body being temporarily paralyzed) while the brain is in the process of waking up.
Sound like a likely explanation?
Of course, I prefer the idea of ghosts fucking people myself, but I just thought I would throw that one out there.
5:47 PM
I have had the woken-up but unable to control my body experience before... worse for me was a month or two spell when I woke up every night and I couldn't feel my arm, and I'd grab it with my other arm and shake it and freak out and then it would come back to life and all would be well. I think it was because I was sleeping on my back. which doesn't make sense to me at all. And I hope the girlfriend you speak of is the cowgirl. And is it wrong to be hitting on others... hmm. What does you heart tell you? That he is alive?
Seriously though, if you will it, it is no dream -- how you stand with the lady is what you decide, if you think it is wrong it is, if it taint it taint. I'd say it's wrong if she's your wife-to-be. Anything in the middle ground: ambiguous. I' think it's safe to argue that if you'd be hurt that she was doing, not pissed or such but hurt, well hey, do unto others.
But hey, I threw up 15 times a couple nights ago.
1:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home