I'm the Juggernaut, bitch

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Your band name and first album

This is surprisingly effective:

1. go to wikipedia and go to random article - the title is your band name.

2. go to quotation page - http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
the last four words of the last quote on the page is the album name.

Result: will automatically be a perfectly respectable name for an indie band's album. NO MATTER WHAT.

First Try - While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks - Neither Seen Nor Heard
Second Try - Highland Potato Famine - When he recognizes himself
Third Try - The Founding Myths of Israel - Cushion For Old Age

4 Comments:

Blogger E said...

Band Name: Maumee Township, Allen County, Indiana
Album: another box (their office)

I don't think it really worked for me.

4:26 PM

 
Blogger E said...

Bogusław Sobczak - Weather we are having.

I think the album one works best.

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Kiyot said...

First Try: Betacism - "As Hard to Sleep After"
Second Try: Ralph K. Winter, Jr. - "Only Commitment to Others"
Third Try: Richard Aertsz - "Life: It Goes On"

I agree with E that the album titles work the best. Though I would consider calling my band Betacism, if I could sing or play an instrument.

5:31 PM

 
Blogger E said...

I actually think the quotations one works best for both artist and album.
I'll choose the top quote on the page for the artist and the bottom for the album

Band -- Album
Illiterate Sport Fishermen -- All his friends hate him.

Can't Cope With Drugs -- Dull Bits Cut Out.

Against the Heaviest Odds -- This world by Hesitation.

5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home