I'm the Juggernaut, bitch

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Quotes

And I am still reading ... whatever the hell. Stranger in a strange land. And I bought Bagombo Snuffbox. still, Another book is a good thing.

My point being, There is an awesome super non-pc teacher that pops up occasionally at my classes.

He was talking about a membrane protein and he said something along the lines of "Without this domain, this protein is basically retarded. Maybe it can do complex math problems in its head, but it can't cross the street without someone's help"

Another gem... He was comparing light microscopy and electron microscopy, and he said "What do you want to be, pretty or useful? You can't be both" Insulting women while talking about science. Nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger syrioflorel said...

hey - I read some great books over vacation. anansi boys by neil gaiman - not as good as american gods but still very very good. and the curious incident of the dog in the nightime. this was a weird one - sort of a murder mystery told through the eyes of a high function autistic child (sort of an idiot-savant) i am now about halfway through life of pi and i'm liking this as well

8:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home