Another caucasian, Gary
Alright, this is a completely inappropriate digression. I need to vent about global warming and old people - eternally bonded and depressing the fuck out of me.
The Siberian frozen peat bogs are all melting. Land area equal to Germany and France combined - melted over the last like 3 years. And the melting is releasing huge amounts of Methane, which is loads worse than CO2 as a greenhouse gas.
But don't you see... signing Kyoto would have threatened our sovereignty. You americans - very big penis.
My grandmother informs me that I am an asshole for being a vegetarian. She tried to trick me into eating meat by hiding it in some rice. Made for comfortable dinner conversation. She also tells me that if I am going to espouse such pompous ideas I will never make any friends. You see, at most New Zealand social functions bathing in a common vat of turkey broth is requisite. She also suggested I might be gay. If only I was. THAT WOULD SHOW HER.
I ripped this from an article I stumbled across while researching GMO law. It made me think of the herds of blind buffalo we once hoped to raise in the deeps of a vast cave system. I don't know who to connect that memory with. I am thinking it was Tom. He is always going on about farms of headless chickens:
"Clouds of steam billowed from underneath the car as the undercarriage was steamed, washed, and sanitized at checkpoint one. More steam billowed at checkpoint two, where the occupants of the car were stripped, showered, and given sanitary clothing. Further inside the carefully environmentally controlled building, the objects of these extensive protective measures lie in small cages, their useless legs folded beneath their massive girth. These turkeys, called "foundation-line" because each is precisely pedigreed to hold the various pieces of the genetic puzzle that are mixed to produce commercial turkeys, are very fragile. They are especially susceptible to avian diseases, genetic mutations, mistakes in breeding, and changes in the environment. 1 Moreover, [*162] they have been bred to be so large that they cannot mate naturally, and their legs are not strong enough to allow them to stand or move from their own waste. Despite these shortcomings, over 90 percent of the turkeys sold worldwide are the offspring of these few thousand pedigreed "superbirds" raised on carefully guarded farms owned by three multinational corporations that control the world market."
I guess I was taken by the use of the term "superbirds".
I have homework. Shame shame.
-Funkmaster P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home