I'm the Juggernaut, bitch

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

$cientological thoughts

1) Ken Kiyota!

2) Also,

3) All this Tom Cruise in the news stuff got me remembering Scientology, and how I used to hate it. But I couldn't remember why. I knew I thought it was down right evil, but I only had vague notions of the cause. anyway, I reminded myself. If any of you are bored, go read this neat little set of quotes and more broadly this wikipedia entry

What particularly amazed me was the realization that Sonny Bono is a scientologist, and that Scientology pushed very hard, through him, to promote the Sonny Bono copyright extension Act and the DMCA. (generally as their teachings are copyrighted so they can charge the hell out of people to learn the religion and prevent others from getting the word out that it is crazy and scary). Anyway, here were two things I heartily dislike, scientology and the DMCA, glorying together! How wild!

That's all, got a few days left of classes, then grad school apps, then moderate freedom!

4) oh yeah, I was thinking about the line "how can the devil take a brother if he's close to me?" and I suddenly realized it could be read two ways ... that the brother is close or that the devil is close. I really like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home