I'm the Juggernaut, bitch

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sports Bigamy

So the last post here got me thinking about my current crime of sports bigamy. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, "sports bigamy" occurs when a fan claims ownership to multiple franchises in the same sport. My sin is perhaps even more severe as not only do I root for two football teams, I root for two teams in the same conference (the Ravens and the Steelers). It's a big conflict in my life. On one hand I must root for the home town team that won the superbowl on my birthday, on the other hand, I was rooting for the Steelers before the Ravens even existed (as you know my family is from Pitt).
Normally I resolve this issue by just following whichever team is better. Since the formation of the Ravens, one team has always been significantly better then the other. This is the first season where both teams are actually good....although after reading this I'm not so confident in the Ravens this season.
Have no fear, I have no plans to begin rooting for bay area sports teams. Incidentally, Bay Area people do find jokes about Alex Smith funny.

in other sports news here a great picture of Karl Malone kicking Rober Horry in the nuts:





I've got your "clutch shot" right here Horry!















On an un-related note, a Google image search for picture of Erem yields this photo as the number one most viewed photo:




















after further research I found this one. Suprisingly not available on Google Images, but just as enjoyable.







YARRRRRG! A pox upon the House of Chang!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unicron said...

Building upon Ace's detectivitation, perhaps I was the last of us to see this?:

http://briandc.com/sigep/fight_night/MVI_1947.mpg

10:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home